Needs assessments and reviews of existing provision all too often include no or very limited information on ethnic diversity and inequality. Strategic plans rarely include detail on priority actions for addressing ethnic inequalities in healthcare access, experiences or outcomes. This work is hampered both by the absence of data and evidence and by a failure to mobilise and use the data and information sources that are available.
EEiC tools and resources to support this area of work:
- Mobilising evidence – workshop exercise
- Common service issues for consideration – prompt sheet
- Assessing your JSNA – individual and workshop
- EEiC mini case study – improving ethnicity profiling in primary care focused on vitamin D deficiency
- EEiC mini case study – combining data sources to build a picture of dementia in BME communities